How do I add a Vircurex exchange account?
< Back to Help
Adding a Vircurex account
- Log into your Vircurex account and visit Settings in the top right navigation.
- Under the API tab, check Get balance, insert in any random secret string - for example,
you can use GRC's random password generator to generate
a 63-character random alphanumeric string - and click Save.
- Copy and paste your both your username and your chosen random secret string into the "Add new Exchange" form, and click "Add account".
Is it safe to provide CryptFolio your Vircurex API data?
- You need to make sure that the API key only has the Get balance permission. This should
mean that the API key can only be used to retrieve account status, and it should not be possible
to perform trades or withdraw funds using that key.
- Your Vircurex username and secret will never be displayed on the CryptFolio site, even if you have logged in. Your secrets will also not be displayed on the Vircurex site.
- Through the Vircurex interface you can revoke an API key's access at any time by
going to the API tab and either unchecking Get balance, or replacing the secret.