How do I add a Cryptostocks securities exchange account?
< Back to Help
Adding a Cryptostocks account
- Log into your Cryptostocks account and visit your Account.
- In the API Secret Words section, enter in two different random secret strings - for example,
you can use GRC's random password generator to generate
a 63-character random alphanumeric string - into both the get_coin_balances and get_share_balances fields. Click Save.
- Copy and paste these keys, along with your Cryptostocks account e-mail address, into the "Add new Securities Exchange" form and click "Add account".
Is it safe to provide CryptFolio your Cryptostocks API keys and e-mail address?
- You need to make sure that the two secret words are different, and are not used in any of the other
secret word fields. This should mean that the secret words can only be used to retrieve account status,
and it should not be possible to perform trades or withdraw funds using that key.
- Your Cryptostocks e-mail address and keys will never be displayed on the CryptFolio site, even if you have logged in.
- Through the Cryptostocks interface you can revoke any key's access at any time by
going to API Secret Words and either changing, or removing, the secret word.